Friday 21 July 2017

Visit to Bif at the abattoir

Actually I went to talk to the butcher about how they are going to cut the meat up rather than to visit Bif. This is what they filled in for me on the form.
There were some communication difficulties 🙂 but I believe we managed to communicate ok. They will not mince the bits that will end up as mince but will cut them in to strips so it is easy to do.
There will be some roasts, some ribs, quite a lot of steak, some stewing chunks and some stuff ready to mince (I believe!)

While I was there I asked if I could see the carcass and they trundled it out for me. It is HUGE. But looks GREAT.



The new freezer was delivered this morning too. We had to bring it up the last bit of the drive in the trailer but all good. Though it is quite big it looked rather small in comparison to the size of the meat I had just seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment