Monday 17 July 2017

Calf watch - Bluebell has had her calf

One out, one in!
It is a girl. No name yet (I have suggested Aphrodite as the greek version of Venus. Or Myrtle or Rose which are symbols of the goddess Venus)
Buttercup seemed imminent ALL weekend and I inspected her approx every 5 mins. She waited until perhaps as much as an hour after I had left. Typical.
When we got back from taking Bif to the abattoir in the few minutes I was home before having to rush off again I noticed that she had quite a bit of slime dripping from her vagina and her pins seemed to have gone, plus her udder had suddenly swollen up a lot more.

They all keep coming out looking all over ginger instead of what I think of as the more traditional Jersey look of Buttercup and Bluebell. Perhaps it is the bulls here. Pretty though.

Doug says she looks less spindley than Venus when she was born. But she looks pretty spindley in the photos! She has had 8 days longer in the womb than Venus though.

This was udder yesterday evening

Just before I left this evening.

Bluebell says 'Thanks goodness I have had her, maybe you will stop staring at my vagina and taking photos of my udder, it is weird!'

No comments:

Post a Comment