Saturday 22 July 2017

Exciting new toy

Or, I am excited at least! Doug maybe not so much. There's no space!
I was intending to start off with Alpaca wool that the man we bought the highland cows from gave me. However I have discovered that Alpaca is more difficult to start off with, than sheeps wool because it doesn't have little scales on it which help the wool fibers grab together.
So I have carded some of the Ouessant wool and I am going to give that a go.
The wheel is a Lendrum DP from Canada. I haven't managed to set it up to actually work yet as we have been so busy this weekend going to a friend's birthday party, recovering from the hangover, looking after cows and feeding some friends animals. It is meant to be a great beginner wheel that is great for more advanced spinners too. It packs flat for storage and easy travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment