Friday 21 July 2017

OMG I thought she was dead!

I went to see Myrtle for the first time this morning and I found her looking like this - but initially her head was twisted through 180 degrees also so it looked like her neck was broken. Her tongue was hanging out a bit and her eye was open and unseeing.


I flipped her over so her legs were down hill and she seemed to recover. Though her heart was beating fast and she was breathing fast too. In a few moments she was up and walking around (a bit shakily maybe) and feeding as normal things.

Worrying. Keeping a close eye. Bif had fits where he looked a bit like that when he had pneumonia from inhaling the milk. Myrtle doesn't seem to be coughing though.
I was wondering also if maybe she had touched the electric fence as she wasn't that far from it. The shock is pretty strong and maybe it took a moment to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment