Thursday 7 June 2012

Lazy Vanilla Ice-cream

As I mentioned before with sorbet I can't be bothered with zesting and eggs and various other things so I came up with a lazy version which is v tasty.
For ice-cream I also have a lazy version. This one uses fromage blanc which is popular in France but I imagine it would work as well with fromage frais. The taste isn't the same as custard based ice-cream but the fromage blanc gives it a bit of zing.

For 3 people
200g Fromage Blanc (7% fat or more)
100g Cream (any but double preferable)
50g Sugar (and some honey if you fancy)
Vanilla

Mix all together in a bowl and put in ice-cream maker until done.
If you don't have an ice-cream maker then get one!! Or it is apparently possible to make ice-cream without by putting the mix in a bowl in the freezer for a while and then taking out and stirring and repeating until done.

Good with strawberries or other soft fruit.

I didn't get a picture of the finished product as it was scoffed to fast but here is one of the mixture before freezing.


No comments:

Post a Comment