Saturday 30 September 2017

Rhoda went to London

I made what is hopefully my final trip of the year to London, to sort out emptying and renting the flat.
It was hard work packing as stuff seemed to have accumulated somewhat since the time 3 years ago when I started the job and I was staying in Aidan's (and Kirsty and Helena's) tiny tiny spare room.

I went to a Toastmasters meeting (though I thought the one I went to 3 weeks ago would be the last for a while!)

There were some things from Lorna's that had to be gone through. Will post some photos once I scan them, but in the meantime I found these... cute huh? Hopefully will survive the shipping to France.


There were many many boxes

Had to go to the British Museum

 Love this cow

Went to the Scythians exhibition - if you are in London well worth a visit. It is lots of things grave robbed by Peter the Great. Lots of interesting information too.

Huge (and ugly!) gold brooch - it is something like 20cm across!


Looked at the Assyrian stuff too of course. We might need a pair of bookends like these when the house is finished.


Also went to the new Postal Museum where they have a tiny tiny dinky train that used to carry post around under London. Like a mini tube.

You can go on it. Loved it!

Quick visit to Habitat to buy cushion covers for the flat.

Went to university round here, although that was a long time ago it is all still very familiar. This is Tottenham Court road with Center Point in the distance

Limehouse basin from the DLR.

The flat looks lovely and empty and clean now. It always seems a shame that flats look at their best just as you are moving out - you then regret not keeping it cleaner and better maintained while you were there!






No comments:

Post a Comment