Thursday 7 September 2017

Last (ish) trip to London for a while

I had to take back my laptop, say farewell for now to Toastmasters and go to a doctors appointment, plus Aidan was flying over on my normal flight on Thursday to visit in France (main purpose of visit - to eat steak!)
So I had a few days in London not working.

Buses

Baker Street

Millions of cranes. There is a theory that lots of cranes in London means imminent financial crash...

 Halva shop in Finsbury Park (popped up there to visit a friend who had just come out of hospital). Doug loves halva, so brought back lots.

The Royal Academy (Matisse - v good - but finished now I think)

Fortnum and Masons (for chocolates and fruit creams)

Artistic pic of bridge

More cranes

Tate Modern is quiet during the week in September...





He didn't just do skinny people

Cool seagull - tried to work out how to steal it but couldn't...







 Reflection of me on the DLR

Had lunch here with friends. Sirloin not as good as our Bif beef. Tasty though.

See ya later London!
(I will be back briefly end of Sept kind of time to clear and rent the flat)

No comments:

Post a Comment