Saturday 7 January 2017

Climbing

Aidan has been climbing for some time. I gave it a go a couple of times last week (less on then practice) as something that would perhaps be fun that didn't involve drinking and is fit making at the same time. I am not mad on heights - where it is my sense of balance that is keeping me up, I am fine when strapped in or something. But despite that I enjoyed it, maybe a bit because of that as it made it seem more of a challenge.
The picture is not me, though I did climb up here on the very easiest colour (which are white with green dots - you can't really make them out)


This is bouldering (without ropes and short climbs) whereas Aidan more often does rope climbing. I am going to give that a go too - it seems safer to me as there is a rope keeping you up if you fall, but then I suppose you are going higher.
It was pretty tiring on the forearms and fingers (and nerves) but not really a work out like going to the gym. More fun and sociable though - I am not at all keen on the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment