Saturday 7 January 2017

A couple more scarfs

I knitted these a while ago but did not entirely note down the patterns used
This one I can't remember exactly what I did at the edge of each of the end bits. It has left a nice pattern of holes anyway. I must have used an increase/decrease that did that.  I suspect it was a ssk yo ssk on one side and k2tog yo k2tog on the other with an increase with a yo as well.
It is similar to this pattern anyway



This one again I cannot remember what I did at the edge. I think it is 2 stitches of moss stitch.
Start with 3 rows of knit (garter stitch)
Right side
k1 p1 k4 (C4B every 4th row) k1 p1 k1 k6 (C6B every 6th row) p1 k1 p1 k4 (C4B every 4th row) p1 k1
Wrong side
k1 p1 p4 p1 k1 p1 p6 k1 p1 k1 p4 p1 k1
Knit until it is long enough to go round your neck and finish with 3 rows of knit (garter stitch)

I didn't do button holes, the wool is quite chunky so the holes between stitches are large enough.
I probably used 6mm needles and wool suitable for that size of needle




No comments:

Post a Comment