Wednesday 18 June 2014

Snake bit Poppy on the nose!!!!

I try not to use !! exclaimation marks all the time in titles, but feel this warrents a few. Don't worry, she seems fine.


Aidan and I were in the potager harvesting some salad for dinner and Poppy was digging away trying to get under a plastic lid on the ground. I was just ignoring her as she loves a bit of digging. When we were finished I went to lift up the lid just to see what she was after, Aidan jokingly said 'be careful, it's a 10 foot snake', just after which a snake reared up and bit Poppy on the nose - just as I was reaching in. I screamed and ran away. Poppy seemed keen to go in for the kill, but I persuaded her away (by SHOUTING very loud). The western whip isn't venomous, but the fangs are still not very sterile, so we have applied antiseptic spray and are watching carefuly for any swelling or whatever.
Doug has since been up there and 'rehomed' the snake.
I am now having a stiff drink to recover. Poppy seems happily oblivious to the danger she was in.

No comments:

Post a Comment