Thursday 14 November 2013

I fell off

We had our 2nd riding lesson today, i drew the short straw and was on Daisy - just joking - she is very lovely but much less experienced than Owen. She cantered quite easily but was a bit uncontrollable, then when I aimed her at a jump (only about the third time she has been over one) we were all a bit unbalanced with the kicking to keep her in canter, then she decided to duck out sideways, I tried to keep her on course but lost balance and swung round her neck - at which point I decided it was better to step gracefully from her (kind of...) rather than try to get myself back on board by putting on the reins which I felt was hardly going to encourage her that jumping is fun. We didn't do very well at going sideways in the ground work, but practice makes perfect. Like Owen.

No comments:

Post a Comment