Tuesday 12 November 2013

Christmas Cake

For a few years my mum made our Christmas cake, last year we didn't have one, so this is the first time I have made one in AGES.
Even more excitingly our oven here is gas - and not only that, but gas with two settings, frazzling and lightly warm (yet frazzling the bottom of things). On top of which my cake tin is 'lost' in one of our many boxes.
I borrowed a cake tin, as it doesn't have a removable and also because I hoped it would help with the frazzling from underneath of the oven I lined the cake tin with parchment paper. I have never been able to be bothered with lining tins before.
Lined tin

Wow that is a lot of fruit

How is all that going to fit in the tiny tin

Mixing the egg in the the butter and sugar is hard work by hand

Looks nice huh?
It is even longer since I made royal icing as we took our cakes out to Chamonix for many years and technically we could have iced them there I suppose but we usually flew out Christmas Eve, so there was never time.

No comments:

Post a Comment