Sunday 2 April 2017

German Pislner Beer

We have made several of these brupak beers. The kit has malt extract, hops, some speciality grain and yeast and you then need to add a further 1kg of sugar in some form which can be more malt or just sugar. We have been using sugar, but I think they would be better with more malt.
They are not the best kits in the world, but they are very convenient as I can bring them hand luggage and they don't take any boiling. You just have to soak the hops and grain in some boiled water 3 times then fill up the fermenter and add the yeast.

The bottling is always the big hassle and I also got round to doing that for one that Doug put on a few weeks ago. 

Unfortunately in my rush to tidy up so I could dash off for the flight, I managed to stub my toe on a huge and hard piece of kitchen work surface.
It is rather painful to walk on. Hopefully not more than bruising. 

Then to add insult to injury the stupid flight is 2 hours late anyway so I really needn't have rushed!


No comments:

Post a Comment