Wednesday 26 April 2017

Changing the car wheels

As it is Spring, at the weekend we decided it was time to change the wheels on the car. Doug does this (it is a man's job you know - said with a wry smile, as I say it to annoy my mum who occasionally said this despite thinking women can do ANYTHING - but she is not here to read it *looks sad*) but this time I asked him to show me how. I know in theory of course, but don't know the details for this car. I hope never to have to do it on the motorway in the middle of the night but as I do quite a long drive twice a week it is always a possibility - and there may not be a man about!
He learnt everything he knows about changing a wheel from when we were in Argentina. We were staying in Mendoza for a wedding and drove up in to the Andes for a day. We had a puncture on the way and some very kind local helped change the wheel. We felt a bit scared going off into the wilderness without a spare wheel, but did it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment