Wednesday 3 February 2016

Quick orange jam recipe

Doug bought 50 oranges from a fruit and veg man who comes round every week or so. They are really yummy (spanish) but quite a lot to get through, so I made some jam. I tried doing it with the mincer as it is much quicker than chopping by hand. It worked well, although I think by hand is nicer.


1kg of oranges (ideally pip free)
1 lemon
1kg sugar

Cut the oranges and lemons in to pieces that will fit through the mincer and then mince the pieces.
Heat in a pan until it boils.
Add the sugar and bring to the boil again and then simmer until a set is reached, probably about 30 mins.
Put in to sterile jars (I just put them through the dish washer). I don't think it will be the longest keeping jam ever but goes well on bread and with yogurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment