Friday 31 January 2014

Not good news on the rabbit front

Mrs Robinson has had 2 babies, unfortunately one was dead already when I found them, and I don't see the other living long without any siblings to keep it warm. It is several days ahead of when we were expecting them. She pulled a load of fur and made a kind of nest - unfortunately I hadn't yet finished making the nest box! Neither baby was actually in the nest and they were on opposite sides if the cage, so I kind of remade the nest and put the alive baby in it. I am not sure whether she knows it is there or not, she keeps bouncing round the cage and stepping on it. I gave her lots of food to try to distract her and give it a slight chance - although it keeps wiggling madly out of the warmish nest so all in all it is not looking good for it.
It is possible that there were a few other very under formed still born babies as well, hard to tell what the afterbirth was made up of. Perhaps moving to a new home when pregnant wasn't good, or perhaps just one of these things. 
We are still not having much luck with project rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment