Friday 18 October 2013

Surprisingly tasty!

I went in to the beer shop near Rob and Sarah's this evening (amazing selection) to chose something to go with my curry (important to eat as much as I can while I am here! Not good for the waistline, but worry about that later).
I picked up a bottle of something I thought was porter, then read the label and quickly put it down again. The guy standing next to me piped up and said that he had done the same when he first saw it, but then decided to try it and really liked it. So I decided to go for it despite closer inspection showing it should be disgusting!
Surprisingly it is very nice! Sarah liked it too - generally she doesn't like beer.
It is sweet for a beer - although not more than some porters are - and has a delicate apple-y sharpness as well as some hopiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment