Friday 11 October 2013

Flight home booked

Although I am very much enjoying seeing lots of my bro and friends and even enjoying stretching my brain at work, I am really really missing Doug, Poppy and home. I am finishing work soon and have booked a flight home on the 23rd October. A friend and neighbor is dropping family off at the airport that day and can pick me up - super convenient.
I have to confess to Doug that despite instructions to spend NO MONEY while here I have bought one or two tiny (huge) things. On the whole I have been very good I think - I haven't got any new clothes, shoes or handbags. I have got a bike carrier for the back of the car (it is meant to fit on the tow bar - we shall see), a wool duvet (yes I know we have a duvet, I couldn't help myself, I thought it might help you sleep better, the people PROMISE it will), some new bike lights for us both (they are super bright and USB rechargeable - how cool is that?), a head torch and some reflective arm bands (for safety horse riding in the dark).
Obviously it cannot all come back hand luggage so will have to be shipped before I leave. I hope to add some food items and a load of chillies to the list in the next 12 days before my departure.
It is strange actually, thinking about it I still have nearly a 1/3rd of my time away from home to go, but it feels like I have been away AGES and I am going home SOON.
Home
Looking up the one of the fields

View from the house

No comments:

Post a Comment