Tuesday 29 October 2013

Goodbye London, hello France!

I have been back for a few days but have been too hectic to write.

Thanks to Aidan, Helena 'n Kirsty and Rob 'n Sarah for putting me up and to everyone else for the chats, beers, tea, meals etc great to see you all... I miss you!
I enjoyed working - kind of. It was strange going to Moorgate again for a while but it was good to exercise my brain some, and make sure I haven't forgotten everything I once knew.

Before leaving London I took in the Colombian Gold exhibition at the British Museum. Enjoyed it, lots of gold! And some non gold stuff too.






I mentioned before that we had lunch with Ruth, Huw and Christopher before hand. I was very impressed with this ham holder in the restaurant

We went to the friends room afterwards for cream tea. Yummy.

And then popped in here to get some whisky to ship back with a few other things I had bought

I went with Aidan to Hush - an acoustic music evening at a pub called the Perseverance. Enjoyed it a lot, and the beer too - although next morning I felt I may have had a spot too much.




I went to the Natural History Museum


and the Victoria and Albert


I remember going to the museums in South Kensington with my parents - not often I guess as it is a long way from St.Andrews. This tunnel seemed hundreds of miles long to me back then and although I have been here many times since, it still makes me think of my mum and dad.

Rob and Sarah cooked me some very yummy meals - no photos - keen to try cooking pork in milk sometime myself.

I went to see Iain and Hilary's very pretty if somewhat sleepless baby. I haven't put a picture here as wasn't sure if they would mind or not.

I also topped up on curry and crispy duck as well as some Wagamama noodles before coming back to the land of delicious but curry free food...
I keep meaning to try and make these

I cook Japanese noodle soup, but it is never the same as this


I did a teeny tiny bit of shopping before I came back and shipped it home.

When I got back we went on a 2 day drinking spree in celebration. No photos of that either. Since then we have been busy with the autumn harvest, I will do some separate posts - although I didn't do well on taking photos

Poppy seemed pleased to see me... and Doug too. He says that she was much better behaved when I am not here because I let her get away with naughty things!

The view is a tad different


No comments:

Post a Comment