Thursday 20 December 2012

Lazy Brandy Butter Recipe

I am usually too lazy to make brandy butter as they sell some yummy ones in Tesco and I hate trying to cream butter as it always starts off too hard as I don't plan enough ahead to take it out the fridge, then it fires across the room at high velocity when I try to whisk it and there is a big mess that has to be cleared up. They don't sell it in the supermarket here (heathens) and we haven't found the electric whisk yet, so I have been telling Doug we will have to do without this year. However I eventually cracked under the strain of his disappointment and got a bit inventive to make a recipe I could be bothered to make and that didn't need the electric whisk.

50g butter (rock hard from the fridge or whatever)
50g caster sugar
50g icing sugar
2 tbl sp brandy/whisky/cognac (or more or less to taste)

Melt the butter in a pan (don't get it too hot just melt it) and turn off the heat
Add the caster sugar and whisk (with hand or electric whisk)
Add the icing sugar and whisk a bit more
Add the brandy (or whatever) and whisk a bit more

You probably need about 1 min whisking in total with a hand whisk, when you have finished it should look pale and creamy. You can serve warm or refrigerate.



No comments:

Post a Comment