Sunday 2 December 2012

Cold cold COLD

The last few days the forecast has said -6 or -7°C overnight. The little thermometer we have by the back window has read a low of -2°C but I imagine it is warmer for being on the windowsill. There has been an impressive frost in the mornings and the chickens water has been frozen solid.
We are feeling the cold a bit now that the proper winter weather is here. The fire is very effective at heating the living room/kitchen and does send some heat in to the rest of the house, but it is cold in the mornings before the fire is lit, and it is hard to feel that washing is a good idea as the bathroom is cold and damp even after the fan heater has been on for a while. We did think of not washing until spring but decided we had to suffer the cold and keep standards up to some minimum level at least.
We do have an electric blanket too, so getting in to bed is lovely but it is a struggle getting out again. I have to wear socks in bed so that when my feet touch the floor I don't die of a heart attack.
Oh what feeble city folk we are!



An exciting feature of this post (to me not you) is that I discovered how to add the degree (°) symbol. Hurrah, I am genius etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment