Saturday 11 March 2017

I am a genius

The ice maker in the fridge has been broken for about 2 years. It went futwang and a spring and a bit of plastic fell out. Obviously it waited until about a day after it was out of warrantee before the futwang. We have struggled on without it since,  because calling an engineer in French was all a bit too difficult - and there wasn't an obvious Samsung engineer in the yellow pages and... and... and we are a bit lazy I suppose.
In frustration last summer I did consult the internet and it seemed spare parts were available, then finally having moved the fridge through to our lovely new part of the house it seemed a shame to have a broken thing. So I watched several youtube videos and bought a spare part and FINALLY I have fixed it.
The bit I fitted is the round bit. The old one had failed because of poor design I would say. There is a spring that closes this door to keep the ice up in the fridge (and the warmth out)

Here is the inside once I got the front cover off

Here it is after being fixed

Yay



No comments:

Post a Comment