Saturday 27 June 2015

Elderflower Champagne

I have posted a recipe before, but this is a less precise one that I actually use as I find it better just making a bottle or two at a time so I just fill the bottles I am going to make it in with water and pour that over the flowers and add the other stuff in approx amounts. 
Every year I forget how much sugar, so writing it here to remind me.

90g sugar per litre of water
Pinch of yeast in the bottle before pouring the mixture in
A bit of citric acid, vitamin C or lemon juice (maybe 1/2 lemon per litre)
A couple of heads of elderflower per litre of water

Put everything except the yeast in a pan or bowl, stir, and leave over night.
Strain in to bottles with a pinch of yeast (optional but I find it gives more certain results). I use a funnel with a filter in it to fill the bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment