Wednesday 6 March 2013

One down two to go

We took the first 'lamb' (are they still lambs at just under a year - I belive so) to the abattoir today. It was a bit of an undertaking to catch him, but not too bad as it only took about half an hour. I was worried that I would not be able to reverse the trailer up to the unloading spot (how heartless that that is what I worry about) but it went fine. He is a bit of a mean guy so we are glad to see the back of him! Hopefully he will taste good.
We will go in tomorrow to see if we can collect the skin and then get the rest on Monday. We plan on giving haggis making a go, we haven't found pinhead oats but hope wheat will do instead. It will be a hybrid Scottish/French haggis.
After the abattoir we popped in to the supermarket. We were real bumkins come in to town, with our dirty sheep wrestling clothes, and I suspect smelling rather strongly of ram piss. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment