Saturday 1 May 2021

Stuffed Crust Pizza Recipe

 Made the same as normal, ie

160g flour

40g semolina

120ml warm water

1tsp yeast

1tsp salt

Tomato sauce, cheese and toppings


Knead for 10 mins in kitchen aid.

Rise until doubled in side 

Shape in to tin.


At this point I pushed it a little past the sides of the tin as I was shaping it in the tin (I put oil in before the dough) and put some grated cheddar all round the edge (not quite at the edge to allow the folded over bit to stick). Then I folded the edge over the cheddar all the way round so that it stuck down.

Then I carried on as normal and spread tomato sauce on the base. Cooked at 180°C for 12 mins (I turn the dish round half way as our oven cooks unevenly). Then added cheese and toppings and cooked for a further 12 mins (turning again half way).

Pizza this way isn’t super crispy, but is yummy. If you want it a bit crisper, cook more before you add the cheese and toppings, possibly but some oil on with the tomato sauce to stop it drying out.

I use the same recipe for the pizza oven, but it is cooked much hotter and more quickly resulting in a very different finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment