Thursday 21 June 2018

Yakamein soup

Doug read about this on the bbc and suggested that we try it. It is fusion cajun/italian/chinese I cannot say whether it was authentic or not, but it came out delicious. Perfect quick dinner if you have suitable meat left overs.

I broadly followed this recipe though it had way too many ingredients and I just made enough for two.

500ml beef stock (from concentrate is fine)
1/2 tsp slap ya mama cajun spice (or suitable amount of something similar - needs a bit of chilli in it ideally)
Spaghetti for 2 people (I did 100g)
Toppings (I slow cooked some beef and put carrots in to the stock to cook)
2 soft boiled eggs

Cook the spaghetti and the eggs
While they are cooking heat the stock with the spice in it and heat the meat and toppings
Put the spaghetti in a bowl then pour over the spicy stock and add the toppings


No comments:

Post a Comment