Saturday 3 June 2017

Spinning

Coo man (that's what we call the nice man who sold us the highlands) gave us some alpaca wool. I have set about washing it as all wool off animals that have been outdoors is FILTHY. I will then need to card it.

In the mean time I have been practicing my spinning on some wool I bought before we moved out here. The advice was don't try to learn to spin on wool you have cut and carded yourself because you will have done that a bit shonkily and then the next step will be hard too - so buy yourself some nice professionally prepared wool to start on. It is quite hard and what I have done so far has lumpy bits and skinny bits and is very uneven. I presume it is like knitting and if I just keep at it it will start getting better.

I have also washed some of our sheeps wool and hope to have a go at that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment