Tuesday 15 November 2016

People are nice!

As I mentioned recently we have bought a new mincer - you can see the post here
I had it delivered in the UK and took it back to France on the plane. With a few other things in the box it weighed 20kg which was pretty unwieldy to carry, particularly with my normal wheelie bag.
Various very kind people helped me on the way. Someone from work carried it down to a taxi for me. Someone at London Bridge carried it up the stairs for me. At Gatwick one of the people I fly regularly with got me a trolley and then at Toulouse a guy stopped me and rushed to get me trolley there too (and gave me the token for it as I didn't have a euro. He even lifted it on to the trolley for me)
It was nice to see that despite Brexit and Trump and all that that there are still lots of lovely helpful people out there. Next time you see someone struggling with luggage be sure to help them!


No comments:

Post a Comment