Sunday 1 February 2015

Survived the night

The cows survived the night. We went out to them several times in the middle of the night to check on them and give them more hay. Buttercup seemed cold but ok and the rest all seemed fine. They are happier today with the break in the snow though. During the night it snowed and snowed and the weight of it has brought down quite a few trees. When we were out seeing the cows there were load *crack* noises quite often as huge branches pulled off trees. Scary. We have a number that have fallen over from the roots too. Nothing big that we have seen yet although the top of a big fir tree has fallen off.
I am very thankful for my 'farming onesie' which is too warm to wear most of the time even in winter. I was cosy warm even in the middle of th night in a blizzard. I don't fancy living outside like the cows though.

The sheep are all fine too and grateful for hay this morning as now they can't reach what little grass there is. Doug is going to have a busy time keeping them all fed.

The internet a syou will see from my previous post did not survive... nightmare! I have withdrawal symptoms after only 1 day.



No comments:

Post a Comment