Tuesday 10 February 2015

New Home in London

I have moved in to our small flat in Southwark for a while as the tenants moved out.
So far it has been a bit tiring running around replacing light bulbs, taking meter readings etc. And most importantly getting the internet working. I am trying a phoneline free one called Relish. Seems good so far as they were able just to courrier it to me rather than stupid waiting for the BT man to come - they never seem to be able just to reconnect.
Generally the flat is looking very nice and clean. Annoyingly I can't get the light in the bedroom to work even though I have changed the bulb. Time for the eletrician!
The boiler overflow is dripping a little outside and the flat upstairs seems to have some kind of slow leak in the bathroom which has made a corner in the sitting room a bit damp. 
The boiler room thermostat also seems to have not been reconnected when they replaced the boiler about 18 months ago. I need to contact the guy who fitted it to find out why not. I don't suppose he will remember.
The joys of property ownership!





No comments:

Post a Comment