Sunday 1 February 2015

Drive to the airport

I hummed and hawed about leaving home given the amount of snow that has fallen. But from the forecast I could see, only a few miles away it was not snowing and in Toulouse there was no snow at all, so I decided I had better brave it. If I don't work I don't get paid! Other people who have been here seven or more years say they haven't seen this much snow - but I only found that out after I had made it to the airport!
The drive

The road out of Bagneres de Bigorre. The snow plough had been, but a little while ago. Just before this photo there is a steep hill that quite a few people were not making it up. Our winter tires did a good job and I didn't even find it slippy.

Just before getting on the motorway at Tourney. See, no snow! There was a stretch of motorway that is quite high which was snowy again but the winter tires did a good job again.



No comments:

Post a Comment