Saturday 31 August 2013

Jars, labels and storing produce

Kim gave us some marmalade (very tasty). Look at the lovely label!
I generally do manage to label things, but not so prettily, and sometime the system fails. It is annoying having jars of things you can't identify but such is life! I get annoyed though by labels that seem to have glue like superglue on them, then all the jars and bottles have bits of old label all over them and don't look pretty at all. For bottles I have started hanging labels around their necks, but that doesn't work so well on jam jars.
I have this vision of the future when the house is all lovely and done and I have all the time in the world (har har) and we will have a lovely pantry full of beautifully labelled and organised produce (jam, bottled fruit and veg and nuts, dried fruit and veg and mushrooms, cordials, cheese, beer, wine) stored neatly away to see us through the winter. I will have to find out how to print labels as nice as this!

No comments:

Post a Comment