Thursday 28 February 2013

My Birthday

Technically I don't have a birthday this year as it is not a leap year. However I still expect gifts!
Unfortunately my biggest (ever) present hasn't arrived yet.
Hainoa hiding behind mummy
Aidan managed to take the extremely subtle hint and give me a steel frying pan, however it had a bit of a tragic accident with a plastic spatula during it's first time on the cooker (for seasoning).
I have managed to scrub it off with a pan scourer (Doug wants it noted that he spent some time scrubbing too... Various ideas on the internet including nail polish remover, bicarbinate of soda and peanut butter did not work) but the surface doesn't look quite as lovely and smooth as it did before. Over time it is meant to get blackened and build up more of a seasoned surface on it, so I am just going to start using it and hope for the best. The darker bit is where it got hotter with the oil in it during seasoning I think.
Before ruination

After ruination and after scrubbing the melted spatula off
Doug has promised to buy me a new one if it is ruined. (yes you did darling... if you EVER want pancakes again...)

We meant to go skiing, but didn't manage because we were lazy and stayed in bed, then the people came round to see Pernod. We went for a walk instead.

Princess Poppy doesn't like the brambles!
Thanks also for other presents. We will watch Skyfall tonight!



1 comment:

  1. Happy Almost Birthday!! I guess then that you were born nearer Feb 28th than Mar 1st? I hope you have a lovely day. That picture of Doug carrying Poppy made me smile....the things we do for our pets!! i also sympathise with rehoming cats. I had two before we got the dogs. They were very woosey and scared of everything. They just about coped with one dog but when the second came were not at all happy. So they went to live with a dogless family and are very happy. Pity because my picture in my head of 2 dogs and 2 cats all curled up together was not to be!! I miss having a cat.

    ReplyDelete