Tuesday 1 January 2013

It is 2013!

We had a nice quiet evening in at our own fireside. We did have a bit too much whisky and fizzy wine (and roast pork with perfect potatoes done in duck fat) so didn't leap up to greet the first day of 2013 with the enthusiasm we could otherwise have. We managed to get it together to go skiing by lunch time though. We had a good ski as it was snowing at the resort (raining at the house) and that kept it quite quiet.

I am having some problems writing this post because Lorna (my mum) is not doing very well , so 2013 is not off to a great start and chirpy messages about having a great year don't seem to fit. I don't write much about it on the blog because that is not what it is about, but it is obviously a big thing in my life at the moment and being so far away is very difficult. I am heading back to the UK at the end of the week to spend some time with her.

However despite this sadness we have mad plans, hopes and dreams for this year which you can continue to follow on the blog. I wish everyone luck with their plans and dreams, and hope that you all have as good friends and family as me to help you enjoy the good times and get through the bad.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment