Wednesday 23 January 2013

Back in France

I am back in France now. You can read on Lorna's blog about the funeral etc. Of course it was a very emotional time, perhaps made a little easier by being expected, but not much. I still feel kind of disconnected and weird, and frequently a bit tearful, but I plan on continuing to ramble here about our exploits here  in France.

I spent a fee days in London staying with my bro before coming back home. I went to the Tate Modern, the Royal Academy and the British Museum as well as to a number of shops including Fortnum and Masons and Liberties. I just wandered around a bit in Covent Garden, Regents Street and Oxford Street. I met friends, ate and drank in a number of pubs and had a nice snowy walkon Hampstead Heath.

I lived in London for over 20 years, but for some reason lots of places remind me of my parents. They both visited frequently. I suppose my mind is on them a lot at the moment, although even when I lived in London for example the British Museum always reminded me of them both despite us visiting often without them.

It was snowing when I left London and it was snowing here when I arrived here! At least here is is useful and we hope to get skiing soon. I was very glad my flight wasn't one of the cancelled ones, it was a little delayed, but nothing much.

I am writing this on an iPad and haven't worked out how to add photos yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment