Saturday 24 November 2012

Knitting

It might not be clear from the blog that I am a keen knitter as I have not done any so far this year. There doesn't seem to have been time for it, or perhaps I have not been in the mood. I took it up about 3 years ago on a whim and enjoy making hats and scarfs. I have also made a pair of gloves and a pair of mittens but they were quite an undertaking.
Doug's gloves
While in the UK I did a bit and have bought some wool to make in to some things.
In some ways my attitude to it is a bit like my attitude to cooking. I rarely follow a pattern (recipe) exactly but take them as inspiration. Quite soon I am going to be bogged down in hats so was wondering about selling them. My impression is it is hard to make back even the cost of the wool as people don't believe how much nice wool costs, never mind the your time. I am not sure I can let them go anyway as I love each and every one. I have made hats for other people and in most cases I make it, then I have to make another to give away as I can't bear to part with the first one.

This scarf has been in progress for 2 years but it about doubled in length while I was in the UK. It is now pretty much half finished as I have 2 balls of wool and have nearly finished the first. It is not going to be particularly long.

I knitted this scarf from some wool Lorna had

 This is a hat I knitted for Lorna


It is very difficult to photograph knitting well it seems... or maybe I need a better model... not sure how much time I will find to knit in the near future, but will certainly find time at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment