Saturday 1 August 2020

Thinning fruit and what to do with it

I have thinning out seedlings or fruit. If the plant managed to grow it is a miracle and I don’t want to stand in it’s way! However, particularly with fruit trees I force myself to do it otherwise bits snap off.
Some fruit you can still use as long as you leave it late enough - tricky balance!

The plum tree decided to grow almost all the fruit just one one branch, who knows why... so quite a lot had to come off. They made really good jam though. Phew!

One little branch had already broken

None if them are ripe yet

I took some of the more ripe ones along with green ones as I thought maybe they would have more flavour.

It came out really well, you wouldn’t know it is made from unripe fruit I don’t think.


No comments:

Post a Comment