Monday 15 June 2020

More chicken eggs in incubator

It is a bit addictive! I am thinking of selling some of the female chicks so we decided it wouldn’t do any harm to have some more. I also fixed the other incubator (it needed a new fan) so wanted to try it out. This one controls humidity itself (the other one I just pour water in the bottom when I decide it needs to be more humid - this one has a pump and adds drips of water until the humidity it measures is the one you set). I still check it is the right humidity by weighing the eggs and calculating the weight loss (aiming to lose 30% over the 18 days until the eggs stop being turned and have the humidity boosted for hatching on day 21.
Obviously I weighed the incubator before filling with eggs (well actually I forgot and had to remove all the eggs to do it!)
I may give ducks a go, I am nervous to because people say they are horrific to raise as if you think chicken poo smells you should try duck poo!

No comments:

Post a Comment