Tuesday 18 February 2020

Lawn Mower fix attempt

Someone gave us a lawnmower. They said it had some problems running, but had been serviced recently. It wouldn't start at all, so I took it apart.

The filter sponge is a bit melted

I took it apart and feel this can't be normal in the carb float cup

This is the carb float needle it was kind of welded in to the hole it blocks and opens with black gunk like in the carb cup. I cleaned it up, but it seems a bit deformed at the end.

I put it all back together having cleaned it, it worked better but still not right. It would start but only run for a few seconds and then stop. The petrol also slowly leaked out - not ideal.

I have ordered a new carburettor (ideally I just needed the needle, but you can't buy just that)

No comments:

Post a Comment