Friday 31 August 2018

Cycling the Col du Tourmalet

As part of my training for the 100km ride in a couple of weeks I decided to cycle up the Col du Tourmalet. It is famous from the Tour de France, it closes in the winter as it is in the middle of the ski area!
It isn't that far, but it is really really REALLY high with most of the climbing in the 2nd part of the ride. I am very impressed I made it. Only went up though as we stayed overnight afterwards in the La Mongie flat.


Jan, Al and Alfie the dog provided a v good support and encouragement team.





This is the flat with the 4km marker. Those were 4 reeaally long km.


Yay made it!!!!!

Pretty nice view from the top

Appropriate beer for afterwards!

Not sure I fancy doing it again, but that much pain has to be good for one, so perhaps I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment