Tuesday 29 May 2018

The potager

What with training the highlands and now milking the Jerseys and having to do something with the milk every day I have not got on very well yet with planting things in the potager.
I managed to keep the plants that are there mainly week free but the other beds were full of weeds that were getting bigger and bigger and depressing me, so I went a bit mad and strimmed them all. Not sure whether this will turn out to be a good idea or not. I know need to dig them over and get things planted.


The wood round beds is starting to rot away. We will try to fit in renewing them this year...

The Verveine seems to have died, so we may need a new one of them. It is a shame and a surprise as it seemed to be doing very well. We drink some tea made from the leaves most evenings.


I have planted some chives, basil and lemon grass and a red gooseberry bush.





The rosemary looks a bit sickly, half of it has gone all black and frazzled

The blackcurrent looks to be doing well. It is the first year it has had many fruit on it. The green stick things are in preparation for netting it

Strawberries are doing well

No comments:

Post a Comment