Wednesday 24 January 2018

Footcare on the farm

Sadly not all sunny days can be spent skiing. There is still all the animals to look after (and of course the bedroom).
We moved the sheep and wormed them and at the same time gave them a foot trim. They get this done every three months.
The horses get their feet trimmed every 2 weeks in the summer and every 3 or 4 weeks in the winter when they are growing more slowly. Generally we like to do it on a less rainy and muddy day - so the sun coming out meant it was time to get to it.


Here is Owen's super muddy foot pre trim

Poppy inspecting Owen's trimmed foot.

What a mucky horse

Hello I got left behind when the rest of the flock moved because I am waaaay too stupid to follow my mum

'No no don't cut off my feet! I am a good sheep!'

Doug also fitted in some work on the steps needed in the bedroom


No comments:

Post a Comment