Thursday 24 August 2017

Flowery skirt

Finally finished this.




Started it in February! Took ages to get the zip in. Then I realised that the lining was the wrong colour (was dark pink/purple and showed through the white bits) so had to get a new lining. You can see in the photos where the white lining stops so you can see the top layer is quite see through.
Then I didn't like the 4 pleats on the pattern and replaced with 12 instead.
Then I adjusted the relative heights of the back and front. Skirts often hang a bit low at the front for me - big (yet shapely) bum takes up space at the back.

So all in all a lot of work! But I like it. Is a full circle which I was trying to show in the swirling picture with more fitting round the waist because of the pleats than circle skirts usually have which is better as they can be a bit unflattering otherwise. There is something slightly funny going on with the shape at the side but a good ironing should sort it.

I am going to make another similar, with the rejected lining and some other silk as the top layer. Thinking of doing it a bit different with a yoke at the waist though and perhaps the yoke bias cut and elasticated. Saves doing a zip and would give possibly nicer fit at waist. We shall see!





No comments:

Post a Comment