Friday 30 December 2016

Snug neck warmer

This is great for using up small amounts of left over wool. This was left over from a scarf/neck warmer I made for Doug from cashmere. I like to have something like this for skiing and horse riding when it is cold and maybe wet to fill the gap in jacket necks.

This one is about 35 cms in diameter and 12 cm long. It is quite stretchy so size isn't too critical. I wanted reasonably sung. I knitted this on magic loop needles but you can do it on dpn too.
I am writing this mainly so I remember what I did. I used 3.5 magic loop needles and the wool was for that size of needle.

Cast on factor of 12 stitches. This is 120. You need to use a stretch cast on so it goes over your head. Same for the cast off.

Knit 5 rows of garter stitch

Basic pattern is k2 p2 k6 p2 - repeat all the way round and keep repeating until you are nearly to the length you want.

Cable every 7th row on the k6. (you could do twists on the k2 if you wanted too)

Finish with 5 rows of garter stitch

Cast off


No comments:

Post a Comment