Monday 3 October 2016

Tomato harvest - duck and tomato pizza

Our tomato crop this year has been not great, but much better than previous years. I think the difference was that I thinned out the leaves by pinching out all the suckers then towards the end some of the big leaves. On the ones in the potager I didn't do it as thoroughly as the ones by the house, but it is good to know that with a bit of care we can maybe avoid the dreaded blight. We are thinking of making a clear cover to go over them one year as well as it is meant to be better if they don't get rain on their leaves. 
I put oil on the base, then cheese then the sliced mushrooms rather than cooking them to mush first like I normally do. I thought we would get the flavour better - which we did. The yellow bits are quail eggs and there are olives too.

We also had duck and tomato on toast - was yummy too (there was cream cheese on the toast too which was home made)


No comments:

Post a Comment