Sunday 4 January 2015

I killed a rabbit!!

Doug has been the rabbit slaughterer up until now and I have stuck to chickens and quail. But I decided I needed to 'woman' up and do rabbits too - yes they are cute and fluffy, but they are still FOOD! We have a lot just coming up to slaughter size and it would be a long and lonely job for Doug to do them all on his own.
I klonked it with a stick - like chickens it is hard to be sure when it is actually dead ie whether all the struggling is just muscles twitching or the poor thing still struggling. Quail I kill by chopping the head clean off so there is no doubt...
It is dead already in these pictures.


Doug did one at the same time so he could show me what he does. I had also watched planty of you tube videos, so I was READY.
I didn't get pics of the gutting and skining you will be pleased to hear. Maybe next time!

I cooked them in a cream and mustard sauce, see seperate post for the recipe.






No comments:

Post a Comment