Sunday 10 December 2023

Butchering a deer’s hind leg

 I followed a youtube by Outdoor Allie, really helpful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=HP43Zm1-Jrg


Didn’t really fit on my chopping board, but had to make the best of it :)

The sirloin tip is in the sous vide bag. I’m making salted venison (like salted or corned beef)
Going from there left we have the bottom round - made in to 2 roasts for pot or slow roasting
Next let is the eye of round which looks like. tenderloin but isn’t. Planning on cutting in to medallions and slow frying one of them, the other I am salting to fry rounds of like ham.
Far left is the top round which I cut in to steaks to fry
At the back is the tri tip (triangular muscle off the sirloin tip). That went in to stewing chunks
Also at the back the sirloin butt which is a kind of raggedy cut which I cut up for stir fry.


The front legs I took out the flat irons and the rest was stewing chunks or mince.

No comments:

Post a Comment