Thursday 5 December 2019

Making Black Pudding and Liver Pâte


TBH I wouldn't bother making black pudding except I don't want to waste the blood. I do like black pudding, but it is quite an effort and those I make just haven't been as moist and tasty as you can buy.
This lot came out best yet, though I still think they could be more tasty.

This is Liz's lovely kitchen. Lot more space than in ours.
Lots of chopping going on. We made several batches. We cooked them in a bain mairie which I think is why they came out better than before. It is difficult to get a consistent temperature in a pan and overshooting spoils the texture.

Stuffing skins

Checking the seasoning

Ready to cook

We made a lot! We did a Portuguese recipe, a Spanish one and British black pudding


Fried ready for testing

We made some liver pâte that came out very well too. I have had problems in the past with the texture being dry, but this one was nice and moist. I did add quite a lot of fat as well as cooking relatively slowly in the oven. I have all the recipes written down somewhere which I need to find and record!




Lunch was pasta with veal, cream and lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment