Tuesday 26 November 2019

DIY shops and fixing things

It is the first (and probably last) sunny day in ages, where did we spend it?  In DIY shops!! We were getting stuff for a bit of a kitchen upgrade in La Mongie, but as a fabulous side effect I fixed our kitchen tap at home! It has been getting weedier for a while. Living in London I never considered what is inside a tap. Why would I - any problems call ‘a man’. But life here is different.  We bought a water pressure meter to try to track down the problem. When I took the tap apart to use it, I found lots of little black bits that have obviously been sucked up by the pump at some point and got stuck in the filter (no I didn’t know there would be a filter in there - we had ruled out bits getting through the pump as surely we would see them in the water). I have washed them out and the tap is back to normal. Hurrah! Ok it doesn’t make me a genius, but I am happy to feel that over time we are getting to grips with the challenges of doing everything ourselves (difficult to find a plumber to tackle the oddities of our swamp/spring/eccentric pump water system). It was very hard and stressful at the beginning, but is getting easier with time. It made the missed sunny day feel worthwhile!



No comments:

Post a Comment