Monday 15 July 2019

Visit to Scotland

It is hard to get away from the animals for long, so neither of us have been 'home' to Scotland for 10 years. It was super super super exciting to make a flying visit. 
It took 4 people to look after all the animals and land while we were gone for 5 days!

Leaving France (which is now our home, we hope to be naturalised sometime soon)

Doug's mum's house in Dollar. Not the house he grew up in, as it as his grans house then.
 Janet's garden


Also Janet's garden in a way. This is Cowden Garden near Dollar. Well worth a visit.








We ate a LOT while in Scotland as there are various local delicacies we miss. This is fish and chips at the Inn in Muckhart. Yum!

Then on to St.Andrews

The West Sands

The Castle



This was one of my favorite shops when young

... but this was my very very favorite (Fisher and Donaldson). These frogs are good
 ... but not as good as fudge donuts!!!!

... or as petticoat tails

We checked out the flat. This is the view from the front window. Complex as I lived here with my mum when young and my dad bought it off her and we visited it many times once I had left home.

Nice stairs up to the flats above

View from out the front of the flat

Sea gulls! In some ways I love their noise as it reminds me of my childhood, but in others I hate them as they are so noisy so early in the morning.

The flat doesn't look much from the outside, bit tardis really. It is just two little windows in this pic

I had never realised these are fibreglass!

Go Ian!

Still real fishing going on from the harbour

Flats overlooking the harbour still ugly but enviable

View from the end of the pier pretty impressive

Walk carefully on the harbour wall

This is the 'green shed' where I renovated several sailing dinghys.

The sailing club

View of the cathedral

Dave and Ian in the cafe where allegedly Kate and Wills met.
 The Castle Sands


Dave and Ian

On the West Sands

With Ian and Dave on the West Sands

View from the Old Course

Computer Science department where Michael worked. So many memories

The Vic. Called The Victoria Cafe when I was young. Where I had my first pub served alcoholic drink (orange juice and vodka).

Crispy duck

MMMMMmmmmm


The Whey Pat where I had my first pint of Guinness.

No comments:

Post a Comment